· Communicate with your subcontractor to ensure their ethic’s meet your expectations. Make sure they are as concerned about a well-run job site as you are.
· Make sure the subcontractor is current on all the OSHA rules and regulations for any type of job site.
· Research the subcontractor to ensure all of his licensing is current.
· Ask for referrals from other generals.
· Confirm that they have all the tools available to accommodate any problem or concern that could arise while the job is being completed.
· Build the project plan together to ensure that the job runs smoothly and that all time lines are met and all the goals can be reached.
· Have them document all the work using a log book and pictures on a daily basis.
Following these helpful hints will help any General Contractor eliminate fines, law suits, overage fees, and expensive safety violation fees on any project. It will also help with overall peace of mind!